St Hilda’s Older People’s Project is a place to meet new people, enjoy a cup of tea and a chat with friends, play games, take part in a variety of interesting activities, learn new skills, keep fit, get help with letters forms and phone calls, have a benefit check, get free legal advice — and all with support from friendly, caring staff and volunteers.
We offer a full day service four days a week, including:
- Transport to and from your home in an accessible minibus (subject to availability)
- Freshly cooked two-course lunch (salad, vegetarian, diabetic, African-Caribbean, kosher & halal options available)
- Morning seated keep-fit activities (Monday & Friday: Keep Fit, Wednesday: Strength & Balance, Thursday: Yoga)
- Computer classes (Thursday mornings)
- A varied programme of afternoon activities, including arts and crafts, singing, quizzes, bingo, talks & discussions.
- Parties and seasonal events
- Day trips (seaside, shopping, museums, art galleries and places of interest)
- A friendly multi-cultural environment (current members are from Caribbean, White, and other backgrounds)
We can also offer a Personal Assistant service to help you with personal care, activities or hobbies at home, or accompany you to shops, church, mosque, cinema, college, etc.
If you would like St Hilda’s to manage an Individual Service Fund on your behalf, please contact us to discuss the possibilities.
Who is it for?
People over 60 with a personal budget. (At the moment our service users are English-speaking, mainly of White British, African-Caribbean or Irish origin).
To use our services
Please contact Lindsey Gibson, Older Peoples Project Co-ordinator, by phone, email or fax to check availability. We will then ask for a copy of your assessment and support plan, and will complete our own assessment (usually by a home visit) before you start attending. This is to make sure that we can meet your needs. You are welcome to visit St Hilda’s at any stage of this process, to see if you would like to come regularly.
What is the cost?
Full day – £40, Full day including transport – £50, Half day- £20. In addition there is a cash charge (currently £2.35) for the meal itself, payable on the day. There is also a cash charge for transport & entrance tickets for outings and day trips.
Personal Assistant: £17.50 per hour.
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10am to 4pm.
Telephone: 020 7739 8066 (ask for Lindsey)
Address: 18 Club Row, London E2 7EY