As a Friend of St Hilda’s East, you will:
- continue Guild’s century-old tradition of supporting charitable work in the east end of London.
- support the vital work of St Hilda’s East Community Centre in and around the London borough of Tower Hamlets
- receive Newsflash, our newsletter, with updates on our activities
- receive invitations to our Annual General Meeting and other special events
- have the opportunity to volunteer in unique capacities
Become a Friends of St Hilda’s East for as little as £2 a month or £24 a year. Your regular contribution will enable St Hilda’s East Community Centre to continue its vital work.
- It costs £10 to provide one hour of ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) support to Bangladeshi and other women.
- It costs £35 to bring a housebound elderly person to our Older People’s Project lunch club by minibus each year.
- It costs £90 to run our Advice Service for 1 day, helping individuals and families on low incomes.
- It costs £180 to run weekly Family Learning play activities for parents and young children in our Under 5s Project each month.
- It costs £400 for a disabled young person to go on a ‘residential’ activity holiday outside London for a week.