Are you passionate about working with young people and want to see the lives of 9 to 13 year olds transformed through access to an exciting, fun and engaging after school club? If so, this could be the job for you!
St Hilda’s East is a charity that aims to provide positive activities and practical support to young people with the aim of enabling them to feel safe, develop friendships and stay connected to their neighbourhood. This is a new venture for St Hilda’s and has been requested by local boys from Virginia Primary School and Mulberry Academy Shoreditch.
Please note: this post will be a volunteer post. We are seeking funding to make this a paid position in the near future.
The junior boys’ club leader will:
- Take responsibility for ensuring there is a high quality, creative and fun offer and provide young people with the best possible experiences and outcomes
- Have a passion to put young people first and be responsible for the continuous improvement of the delivery
- Input towards the strategic delivery plan for young people in the local area by liaising with key stakeholders
- Have experience of working with young people aged 9 to 13
- Be creative, enthusiastic and have a positive outlook
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to young people and have the ability to engage and build positive relationships
- Be inclusive, show equity and treat everyone with respect, holding the boundaries when required
In accordance with our child protection and safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check.
For an application form and more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call St Hilda’s East Community Centre on 020 77398066 and ask for the Volunteer Coordinator.
Closing date for application: Friday 1st March
Interviews: W/C 11th March