We need you! St Hilda’s needs your support to continue its much needed work within the community in the East End of London. A vibrant organisation serving over 500 people each week, our mission is to change lives for the better and empower people. Please join us.
“Coming to St Hilda’s means everything. Company and joy.”
Become a Friend
Please use the form opposite to become a valued Friend of St Hilda’s by supporting us with a regular donation. You can also opt to make a one-off donation if you prefer.
All contributions enable us to continue providing vital services. Thank you.
If you would like to donate via cheque or other method please email: email@example.com or call us on 020 7739 8066.
St Hilda’s uses the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) Bank as a cost effective and secure way to process donations. You will be transferred to a secure CAF page to complete your bank details.
- It costs £10 to provide one hour of ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) support to Bangladeshi and other women.
- It costs £36 to bring a housebound elderly person to our Older People’s Project lunch club by minibus each year.
- It costs £90 to run our Advice Service for 1 day, helping individuals and families on low incomes.
- It costs £180 to run weekly Family Learning play activities for parents and young children in our Under 5s Project each month.
- It costs £400 for a disabled young person to go on a ‘residential’ activity holiday outside London for a week.
Our Friend’s scheme is grounded in our rich history with Cheltenham Ladies’ College. St Hilda’s was founded in 1889 by Guild of the Cheltenham Ladies’ College as a charitable settlement. This meant CLC alumni could live at St Hilda’s East in order to work with the local community. Today, this relationship has evolved, but girls continue to volunteer here and Guild members support our work through the Friends of St Hilda’s East scheme; continuing the Guild’s century-old tradition of supporting charitable work in the east end of London. The Friends scheme is now open to all who wish to support and be a part of our community.